Alex Certification Ltd.

Light Vehicle Repair Certification...


Alex Certification Ltd. - Repair Certifier - Video

Whether you require certification of written-off vehicle, previously repaired, or re-registration certification, you came to the right place!

But, wait, do you need a repair certifier? Check out the underlined links (headers) below. This will be enough to get you going. You'll also find some information about us (me) and ways to get in touch! Welcome aboard!

RCA - Repair Certifiers Association Logo

RCA website is a great place to start if you are not sure that your vehicle needs to be certified. You can also find a lot of helpful information about what we do and current changes in VIRM. Additionally, you can search for the specialist repair certifier in your area using the RCA search tool.

We cover the Auckland region, preferably west and north, and the list has only names of the certifiers. Look for Aleksandar Jovanovic, the owner of Alex Certification Ltd.

Alex Certification is number one!

You can find a complete list of NZTA appointed specialist repair certifiers on the NZTA website. Just follow the link below. Aleksandar Jovanovic, the owner of Alex Certification Limited, is at the top of the list, of course.

Yes, it's in alphabetical order. :)

NZTA - New Zealand Transport Agency - Waka Kotahi logo

It's good to know that if a repair center is a current member of either CRA, RCA, or MTA (Collision Repairer - Structural Specialist member), they would automatically be deemed to be compliant with the repair structural shop criteria in all respects (Category A repairer). Otherwise, the repairer will be required to provide repair technicians' profiles, including relevant industry qualifications (National Certificate in panel beating or another qualification considered equivalent by the NZQA) to be considered a Category A repairer. Find out more at NZTA website - Repairer Categories.

Idea - light bulb drawing

It's helpful to know that repair certifiers and LVV certifiers are two different categories. The confusion comes from the wording - Low Volume and Light Vehicle, both having LV as initials. I would be confused, too, if it weren't my job.

So, Light Vehicle Repair Specialist Certifiers (specialist repair certifiers) and Low Volume Vehicle certifiers (LVV certifiers). While repair certifiers (including myself) are dealing with structural repairs, LVV certifiers are the ones dealing with modifications. Learn more about vehicle modification certification requirements at NZTA - Modyfying your vehicle.

" To-do list - nothing" - Sponge Bob

Did you know that doing nothing sometimes saves a lot of money and time?

I often get this: Hey, Alex, someone just fixed my car, and I need it certified now. That's a big no-no. The repair certifier needs to follow the whole repair process from the beginning until the end, including giving instructions to the repairers and at least three inspections (initial, intermediate, and final) and detailed documenting along the way with photos and in writing. It is essential to understand that it's not just about writing LT308.

Therefore, if your vehicle requires certification (write-offs, previously repaired, or re-registration), the best thing you can do is nothing before it gets inspected by a repair certifier.

Do you know any other example where doing nothing is the best option? I have quite a few, but my wife would disagree, so I'm keeping it safe.